Pera Swipe is an Android app that gives its users electronic rewards just by doing what they already do – by unlocking their phone screen. The app is available exclusively in the Philippines.
Is it really good for earning some prepaid rewards? This article will help you find out.
- Freebies. You can redeem free load, game cards, and gift passes, and chance to win gadgets in the raffle. Get 555 points (worth more or less ₱4.20) if you use a valid referral code upon sign-up.
- Good advertising. Advertisements on the app are appealing, relevant, non-intrusive, and may sometimes help you discover new treats or save money.
- Legitimate. The app is not something that will just vanish with all your earned points, or worse, with your personal information. The app’s owners belong to a registered Philippine company, so it is unlikely that they will do something illegal and get away with it.
- Low income. Points amounting to just a little above ₱0.02 per screen unlock, that is, you need to swipe nearly 500 times just to reach the minimum payout threshold of ₱10 prepaid load. If you are a usual smartphone user unlocking your phone about 110 times per day, then you will likely get ₱10 within 5 days.
- Excessive permissions. App requires permissions that do not seem to be necessary for just a lock screen app – such as the ability to read your SMS messages, initiate calls, read your contacts, and many more, are required and not optional.
- Personal information requirements. While it is essential for them to get your mobile phone number (prepaid) and e-mail address, it would seem too much for most people to provide their full names and complete date of birth.
- No security features. You cannot change the way you unlock the screen through the app (i.e. change unlock method to pattern, PIN, password, facial/voice recognition). You are limited to swiping, as the app’s name says.
- One device at a time. You can use the app on only one phone at a time; logging in on another phone will automatically log you out on all other devices you previously logged in. You need to use other phone numbers to use the app simultaneously on multiple devices.
- Not for urgent use. You can redeem your points for rewards between 9:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M. everyday, also exclusive of their maintenance hours. That means you have to redeem prepaid load or game cards in advance to avoid inconvenience.
If you are a busy smartphone user who needs security for your phone, then this app is not for you because you will have to use a separate lock screen for security purposes. Nevertheless, this app will benefit everyone who is not heavily engaged in work or study, since they have enough time to look through the ads.
P.S. I wonder why they have not yet made this app available on iOS phones.
P.P.S. Though it is completely up to you to join, if you need a referral code to earn 555 points upon signup, you may use my referral code websavvy.